Friday, December 9, 2011

ONE

ONE Year to live...
I have thought about it a lot...What would I do if I had one year to live?
The Mayan's calendar runs out Dec. 21st 2012.  So I was going to post this starting Dec. 21st 2011.  But I wanted to give people a chance to think about this for a while.
We used to have a sort of Matra here at my church that said, "by the year ---- I will be a better person through prayer, bible study, and connecting with my fellow man."  That is great and all, but what about everyone else.  I really got kinda confused when I thought about this.  I thought that I was supposed to help people become better by connecting them with God through prayer, bible study, and fellowship.  I mean the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.  And the second is like it, "Love your neighbor as yourself."  So if I am to love my neighbor as myself, shouldn't I help them to Love God and Love man and help them to Grow in that...and in doing so, become a better person in the process?
    Well that is just it... I am going to help others become better this next year by helping them find Jesus.  I have really only ONE hope...which is Jesus.  He is the one that paid the price for me and you to live in heaven after this world all passes away.  I have only ONE life...this life, but my life doesn't end when I die and I have a choice to live out eternity in Heaven or Hell...But there are many others out there that dont know that they have a choice, so I am going to let them know it.  According to the Mayans, I only have ONE year left to live.  So I am going to spend this next year telling others about Jesus and heaven so that they can be informed and make the choice on where they want to live and hopefully make their life and their families lives and my families life better in the process.

...ONE....can change someONE's life forever.  Who will that family be for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment